Friday, June 22, 2018

The music of recovery - Highlight - Tubthumping

I was excited to see this playlist, available to you on Spotify, that includes songs that persons of all ages with many different types of brain injury contributed, as they had some importance to them on their brain injury recovery journey.

https://www.headway.org.uk/news/national-news/2018/your-song-headways-very-own-spotify-playlist/

One of the songs jumped out at me - Tubthumping by Chumbawamba

The contributor, someone with brain injury, said:
“I think that chorus sums up what I had to do over and over throughout the recovery,” said Sean Dolan.

Here are some of the words for you, if you want to know what he is talking about to see if you can relate!

"I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down"

No comments: