Friday, August 24, 2018

The music of recovery - Highlight - This is me!

We were excited to see this playlist, available to you on Spotify, that includes songs that persons of all ages with many different types of brain injury contributed, as the songs helped them during their recovery journey.

https://www.headway.org.uk/news/national-news/2018/your-song-headways-very-own-spotify-playlist/

One of the songs jumped out at me - This is me (from The Greatest Showman)

The contributor, someone with brain injury, said:
“This track is very relevant when accepting the new me. No apology, this is me!” said Joanne Wood.

Here are some of the words for you, if you want to know what he is talking about to see if you can relate!
"But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me"


https://genius.com/Keala-settle-this-is-me-lyrics

No comments: